Monday, October 4, 2010


Grab This Button


I am going to try this challenge. I know as a mother to a Down Syndrome daughter, I am always looking to read about other moms day with there DS child. Its always so wonderful to read about the same joy or frustrations I, myself experience with Lily. Some days are so challenging and stressful that i can't imagine anyone else experiencing the same thing. and than I read a blog and there it is, the same challenges. Gives me hope that things will be better because they are actually normal!

I still have the same challenges with Lily. Potty training, behavior, her rejecting me, trying to reason with her, getting her off to school, etc. I thought Lily was potty trained except at night. But this school year she started wetting her pants on the way to school and on the way home. So after a week of this we were asked to put her in a diaper for the bus ride. In a way i thought this is exactly what she wanted to be in a diaper again. She is lazy at times and wants to be a baby and wear a diaper. Which, I have always told her no to! So now she gets to wear her diaper, at age 9, and be the baby she loves to be. I feel like this is definetly taking the 2 steps back again from potty training. I had decided since there was so much friction going on between her and the bus driver and bus aide, I would just please them by putting her in a diaper. But in a month i will not allow this anymore. She is a big girl!

0 comments:

Post a Comment